New tank models - post & get here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Master Shake Tank
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:18 pm 
Burned to a crisp

Current Scorched3D Rank: Unranked

Bobirov wrote:
In keeping with the ATHF theme, I present you with Master Shake. Mainly made him just because it was such an easy model I couldn't resist.. :P

Just extract the archive to your data/tanks folder and then copy/paste this to your tanks.xml file:
Code:
   <tank>
      <name>Master Shake</name>
      <catagory>Humour</catagory>
      <model type="MilkShape">mastershake/mastershake.txt</model>
   </tank>

I do need to do Err though one of these days.. :)

Hahaha, classic. :lol:
"You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:40 am 
Desintigrated

I just noticed that desert landscape.... Is that from a new version of Apoc or Scorched 3D?

It looks quite cool.
Scorched 3D: Mountaintop Removal at its finest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:37 pm 
Obliterated

Deathstryker wrote:
I just noticed that desert landscape.... Is that from a new version of Apoc or Scorched 3D?

Nah, not new at all. Been in Apoc for the last several versions. ;)
Undead.

Scorched 3D Documentation & Help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:30 pm 
Desintigrated

Bobirov wrote:
Deathstryker wrote:

Nah, not new at all. Been in Apoc for the last several versions. ;)

Oh. Shows how much I play mods.
Scorched 3D: Mountaintop Removal at its finest!

Post subject: f-16 Falcon tank
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:40 pm 
Reduced to ashes

f-16 Falcon Tank

Poly Count: 1533 triangles

falcon3 to homeplate.. we have been engaged!
homeplate: roger that permission to fire

weapons are hot.. *FOX1!!.. FOX1!!*

Attachments:
F-16.JPG
F-16.JPG [ 23.32 KiB | Viewed 3237 times ]
f16.zip [130.12 KiB]
Downloaded 75 times

Post subject: Category: "Rude" (15+?)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:28 am 
Obliterated

This is my very first post on this forum. I don’t design or program games, but I do a lot of 3D work with other stuff and thought I’d give a “tank” a go. I’ve just finished my first model in the category: “rude”. Before I go any further, I should probably appease the zealous types by warning: THIS IS A MODEL OF A PENIS. Please leave now if you’re offended by such things.

Also, a quick rant if I may… I really can’t get my head around the “think of the children” thing that seems to be prevalent in this community. Surely you recognise this games inherent “adult nature”. I mean, extreme gratuitous violence is ok and having the skin flailed from your body with a nuclear bomb if fine, but use a swear word while you’re cremating your opponent with napalm and you’ll be banned from the server. Are you having a laugh? Anyway, 15+ only, ok?

I created the model in 3D Studio Max 8. The penis is constructed from 3 slightly modified and optimised sphere primitives and 1 cylinder. For the public hair, I used the 3D Max Hair and Fur modifier to create extra thick hairs with only 2 segments to each, converted to mesh, then rescaled. I then used the Multires modifier to optimise the hair strands. I exported to 3DS format, then imported into Milkshape before exporting to Milkshape ASCII.

The main difficulty was in getting the triangle count low enough on the pubic hair (it wasn’t easy).

If I can be bothered (and depending on whether response is negative or positive here) I may add a few others in the category (perhaps an ass and a vagina). I thought about creating custom projectiles (use your imagination), but thought it might be a bit too crude for some.

EDIT by Deathstryker. I deleted the picture as I have received complaints about it. Being that I'm an admin, I feel it was my duty to fulfill the requests.

Note:
This is what Scroched3D seems to call a “high definition” model (around 3000 triangles). The program seems to filter out the larger models when level of detail (in settings) is set to anything other than high.

Attachments:
penis.zip [195.71 KiB]
Downloaded 88 times

Last edited by Laptops Daddy on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:38 am 
Singed
Not Signed Up For Stats

Ewwwwwwwwwww penis hairs
Hello

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:46 am 
Obliterated

*shakes head in dismay*

Regardless of whether or not I am thinking of the children, I still think that is in poor taste.. :?

To each his own though I suppose.
Undead.

Scorched 3D Documentation & Help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:59 pm 
Obliterated

Bobirov wrote:
*shakes head in dismay*

Regardless of whether or not I am thinking of the children, I still think that is in poor taste.. :?

Very poor taste!!!
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Mark Twain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:14 pm 
Desintigrated

There is an "adult" gaming industry, and this is not it. I've seen signs on the highway for the adult arcades. Perhaps you should be designing models for that type.

Yes, I do like to think that this is a family game that anyone old enough to shoot a BBgun can play. no blood, or such things.... well, maybe at Apoc there could be.... :P

repeat after me,

These are not the droids we're looking for
Chopper:
I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic... pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere - only a small fraction of that is man made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:25 pm 
Obliterated

I accept the distinction between sex and violence, but I don’t agree that this is a family game. Scorched3D is tame compared to some modern games (e.g. the Desert Storm games should be banned (can you imagine the outcry if they created a game where u had to recruit terrorists and bomb the Twin Towers? It’s no different.)) . (Sorry - ranting (‘mbling ‘mericans)). Still, gratuitous violence is not for children. (Not that the kids would agree (how many PC savvy children are there that don’t know what GTA is?)).

Political rants aside, it’s a willy for Gods sake. It’s not exactly hard-core. Am I really the only one who thinks it’s hilarious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:34 pm 
Obliterated

Laptops Daddy wrote:

Political rants aside, it’s a willy for Gods sake. It’s not exactly hard-core.

Hey make all the willy tanks you want. But could you not post pics of them?
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Mark Twain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:04 pm 
Desintigrated

Quote:
Am I really the only one who thinks it’s hilarious?

Where I come from boys who use tanks are called heros and boys who use dicks are called sodomized. that doesn't mean your model isn't funny, but I still dont want to see it. Feelings asside, yes, it can be family game, it was for me when i was a kid, playing with my sisters.

there actually ARE games like the ones you meantied and there IS outcry about it when people find out about it. No, scorched is not in that category.

I'm from the Midwest where there is plenty room to "get away" after lighting the fuse. Blowing stuff up is an honored past time that culminates each year in July. Scorched is just the same, there might be a headehog, or a Mr. "Death" here and there, but largly this is just an advanced target shooting game No different than shootin' clay birds - which might be noisy, and perhaps dangerous, but its a far from violent.

Scorched3D is hardly violent, and its nowhere close to "gratuitous". Please dont slap this game by calling it that.

-while you're in the mood to make models, take your perverted mind and apply it to the base models challenge and you could wind up actually seeing your models in the actual game. - amazing thought, eh?

/'mbling
Chopper:
I really enjoy talking with folks in other countries, drinking stoli/tonic... pulling off shots that seem impossible, drinking..

Fact: CO2 = less than .04% (.00038) of the atmosphere - only a small fraction of that is man made.

Last edited by BOY on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:20 pm 
Burned to a crisp
Not Signed Up For Stats

the only Idea I find hilariuos is the butt tank, THAT one is humerous!

the other ones are... um... nasty
Join me in my quest to revive the mods! support the mods, and join more servers!

Death to all who oppose me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:03 pm 
Obliterated

Um, yeah. Ookaay… [chuckling] You might want to look up the meaning of gratuitous? (I thought this game was open source).

Mountains, molehills and prosaic Americans aside, I agree, Scorched is hardly GTA.

So, with my Penis marked down as negative, I had another go…

This is my very first attempt at an actual tank (so please be nice). Perhaps if I give it a cool name like Eliminator 1.0 or something.

Made in 3D Max 8. Gun cabin is a chamfer box with a bit of soft selection mesh editing. Tank wheels are cylinders and the tracks were made by adding a Path Deform modifier to a row of boxes. (I extracted the target spline from the edge of one of the finished wheel cylinders).

I had a bit of trouble with the triangle count on the tracks at first (I got a lot carried away with the detail in my first attempt). Exported to 3ds once finished, imported into Milkshape, then exported to Milkshape ASCII. Around 3800 triangles.

Ps: Oi, watch who you’re insulting boy (I mean uh, fool (it’s a Mr T thing)). I could be anyone : o. (How d’you know I’m not your Grandmother?) I’d love to talk some more about your small town hero sodomizing, but I’m very busy and don’t have the time. Just consider this a generic insult to you and your heritage. Oh, and I question your sexuality. Ok? : P

Attachments:
eliminator.zip [228.9 KiB]
Downloaded 83 times
sshot.jpg
sshot.jpg [ 73.6 KiB | Viewed 3185 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next